Thursday, May 31, 2018

iPhone 8: Reviewed


I recently upgraded my 16GB Rose Gold iPhone 6S for a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 8. Before I made this decision I read a lot of reviews, so I thought I would add my own for anyone else in the same position!

I'd like to start by mentioning that the increase in storage has been great, as I can take as many photos as I want without having to worry about having enough room and I have plenty of space for apps and music too. However, I think it would have been good to have smaller options for a lower price as has been the case in previous models of the iPhone. 32GB would have been plenty for me, and I would have appreciated the lower payments.

The speed that this phone works at is phenomenal. It processes what I want it to do almost before I ask it to do it. The camera quality is excellent, a noticeable improvement from the 6S despite the fact that I was disappointed to discover that 'portrait mode' was only available on the 8 Plus and not the regular 8. I also love the new home screen button which you can chose the click for and the battery life is a massive improvement from the 6S.

However, there are some huge minus points to this phone. Firstly, the lack of headphone slot is a pain and I feel that for the huge price of the phone you should get AirPods included. I like that the phone is waterproof, but only to a depth of one meter so I can't take it swimming for example. Also, Wireless charging is great, but again you have to buy the charger separately which is annoying considering how expensive the phone is.

Overall, while I am happy with my new phone I do not think the massive price difference can be justified since it is very very similar to my 6S, so the upgrade is only worth it if you are experiencing problems with your old phone (like I was).




No comments:

Post a Comment