Monday, May 7, 2018

10 Summer Party Ideas


Summer is my absolute favourite time of year. I just love all aspects of it, hot weather, barbecues, beer gardens and road trips. But most of all I love spending time with my friends and family, and I've come up with a few fun things I want to do this year and I thought I'd share some of them with you.


  • Decorate biscuits! This is ideal for a small group, and you can either buy the biscuits yourself or make them if you're feeling fancy. My boyfriend and I recently did this together and it was so much fun, the results may have been a bit wonky but they still looked cute.

  • Make cocktails. If everyone brings the ingredients for a different cocktail then it isn't too expensive and you still have a lot of fun new drinks to try! The more you have the more challenging they are to make too ;).

  • Have a Mexican themed do. There's no better weather for enjoying a buffet of fajitas and nachos while rocking a sombrero and maybe even a fake moustache. Also, how much fun are piƱatas and tequila??

  • Have a pool party. No pool? No problem. Just fill a paddling pool with warm water and it'll be almost as much fun as a real one! Just be sure the dog doesn't get it's teeth stuck into it...

  • Have a fancy tea party. I know not everyone will enjoy this, but I love dressing up and sipping coffee while I scoff my face with tiny cakes and sandwiches. It's so lovely, especially if it's sunny and you can sit outside and soak it up!

  • Have Tapas! Get everyone to bring a different dish, and everyone can pick and choose which ones they want. Kind of like a buffet but more fun. (I highly recommend tomato bread or cheese croquettes).

  • D.I.Y. Pizzas. Lay out the ingredients, hire a pizza oven and let your guests feed themselves! This is especially good if you have fussy eaters or people with allergies in attendance. Just make sure you have plenty of toppings!

  • Have a henna session. If your guests are brave enough that is! Lay out templates and some drinks and make sure you only draw on areas that can be covered easily at work. Have fun but be practical!

  • Have a book club. This may not be great for a wild summer party but it can still be fun, especially if you're a book worm like me. 

Whatever your style, I hope that some of these ideas have inspired you for this summer! Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment