Wednesday, May 2, 2018

My Top 5 Feel Good Movies


Sometimes you just want to watch a good movie to make you feel better after a long day/week. For me that's usually a rom com or a movie that I loved when I was young. Here are five of my favourites! I'm sure most of you will have seen these but if not take a look because they bring me so much joy. (Disclaimer: This is not an ad, I have not been paid to mention any of the movies/brands mentioned and none of the images of movie covers included are my own).

Mamma Mia

Image result for mamma mia
This is my family's feel good movie! We all love it (well all the women and my youngest brother do anyway). It has all of the important components of a feel good movie, music (ABBA none the lest), romance, sunshine, dancing, family and the beach. The only thing missing is puppies! The story follows a young woman just before her wedding and her single mother struggling to figure out which of three men is her father. We as a family think the story is sweet, but our favourite part is singing along like mad people to dancing queen and occasionally even getting up to do a little dance. My Oma has actually watched this movie over 30 times and I myself must be getting close to 20 by now. So much fun.

Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging
Image result for angus thongs and perfect snogging
I have watched this movie more times than I can count and it still makes me laugh every single time. It's hilarious, and again the sound track is so good! The movie revolves around a teenage girl (Georgia) and her 3 best friends as they learn about boobs, boys, parties, friendships and other things involved in growing up. There's also a cat which always makes me happy. There's nothing funnier to me than the scene with the fake tan (which I won't spoil for those of you that haven't seen it) and I rewatch this at least three times a year. It taught me a lot about self acceptance and not being embarrassed by my family when I was young and I totally recommend this to all young girls. The books are also great if you want something light to read!


Letters to Juliet
Image result for letters to juliet
I think this movie is so so so romantic. The film is set in Italy, where a young woman and her fiancé are taking a 'pre-honeymoon'. However, when they arrive their interests take them in different directions, and she ends up on an adventure with a woman looking for her long lost love and her pessimistic and over protective grandson. I really want to visit Verona after watching this movie because it just looks so so beautiful! *Spoiler alert*, this movie just has such a happy ending that whenever I feel down I will watch it and after having a good little happy cry I will feel infinitely better. I also just love Amanda Seyfried, as you may have noticed since she was also in Mamma Mia.

Pitch Perfect
Image result for pitch perfect
This movie is such a good girl power film. There's again a good soundtrack, and an original one too which I love. The story is a girl who goes away to college and is pressured by her dad to join a society, so she becomes part of the Bellas (an a cappella group). She starts to find that she enjoys it and also meets a boy along the way. It's very funny and makes important points about female friendships too. I haven't seen the third one yet (although I've actually heard bad things which is sad), but I really enjoyed the second one as well as the first so I will still be watching the final movie at some point. Fat Amy is also my absolute hero, she speaks up about body positivity in a funny and relatable (if slightly weird) way.

Image result for shrek
Shrek


I love movies from my childhood as they're funny and sentimental, and Shrek is one of my top favourites. It has so many hidden adult jokes and is has a lovely message about being beautiful on the inside. Also, shoutout to Netflix for having the whole set of 4 (or is it 5?). James and I watched them all one weekend because life is hard on a student budget haha. Some of my other favourites to rewatch from when I was a kid are Finding Nemo, Gnomeo and Juliet and The Incredibles but they're not on Netflix so it's much more difficult for me to watch them as my new laptop doesn't have a DVD player.

If you do decide to watch any of these, I hope you enjoy them! Feel free to leave me some of your recommendations too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment