Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Mascara's I Own Ranked


I currently own only nine mascaras, so I'm afraid this post isn't going to be the world's best review but it covers a range of prices so hopefully it will still be useful to any of you looking to buy a mascara. I've ranked them from best to worst, and have tried to give you prices and places to buy them where I can!
  • Too Faced - Better Than Sex. This is my all time favourite mascara. It gives great volume, great length and has pretty pink packaging. It's also easy to layer but that's not even necessary as one coat is enough. I love it so so much. 10/10, available on ASOS for £19 (student discount also applicable).

  • L'Oréal Paris - False Lash Superstar X Fiber. I've raved about this so often on depsoc and on my YouTube channel. It gives amazing length! The only reason this is second and not first is it has two steps and I'm lazy. 9.5/10, available at Superdrug for £10.99 (again, student discount can be added).

  • Essence - Maximum Definition Volume Mascara. This mascara is brilliant. It's so so so cheap, and I use it as a top coat which gives amazing length! The only downfall of this mascara is that it's really difficult to get a hold of in the UK so I usually buy it in Germany. However, google tells me that you can get it for £2.80 from Wilko. 9/10.

  • Benefit - They're Real! This mascara is decent for volume, but it's very expensive and a little clumpy for my taste. I also don't think it's lengthening enough for the price. 7.5/10, £20.50 from Benefit.

  • Essence - Lash Princess. This mascara gives great length but it's super clumpy. Use with care. 7/10, £3.30 from Wilko.

  • No. 7 - Exceptional Definition Mascara. This mascara is very good as a bottom lash mascara, as it's rubber head gives almost no clumps and just a subtle colour, but the volume and length aren't enough for top lashes. 6/10, available from Boots for £12.

  • Kiko - False Lashes Concentrate Lengthening Top Coat. This was very cheap as I got it half price, and it did add a little bit of length to my base coat so I can't really complain but I wouldn't buy it again. 5.5/10, available from Kiko Cosmetics for £7.20.

  • No. 7 - Lash Impact. This is branded to give intense volume but it just doesn't. It's really difficult to apply because of the shape of the brush, however in it's travel size it is good for touching up your makeup while you are out. 5/10, available in full size from boots for £13.50.

  • Sephora - Cinescope. This is the worst mascara I have ever owned. It's awful! Clumpy, chalky, flakes down your face, and only gives mediocre volume. 3/10, available no where in the UK as far as I can tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment