Tuesday, May 15, 2018

My Top 10 Places in Bath


As I am a student at Bath Spa University, I have had the privilege of living in Bath for almost a year now, and it is a beautiful city. I have enjoyed many locations in the city, but these are some of my favourites.
  • The Roman Baths. Of course. This is an obvious one, but they are just so beautiful. Also, as a Bath student I get free entry! The museum is really great and you get a free audioguide as well which as a history student I love. Definitely my favourite place in the city, especially in the sun.
  • Mr B's Book Emporium. This independent bookshop is so so cute. They have many services to help you find new things to read, and there's a wide range of genres to look at too. Also, how cute is this display!?
  • Southgate. Not only are there lots of great shops, but often there are gorgeous hanging displays, such as umbrellas, flowers or Christmas lights. This is the latest one!
  • Pulteney Bridge. I'm told this was one of the locations where Les Mis was filmed, but regardless I think it's beautiful here. So peaceful and close to town too!
  • The Christmas Market. I know this isn't technically a place in Bath, but it's definitely worth visiting. Such a range of stalls selling delicious food, handmade crafts and other beautiful items. Definitely a hit.
  • The Fudge Kitchen. Delicious handmade fudge which you can sample for free, a display of the fudge making process and a loyalty card which earns you more free fudge! What's not to like?
  • The Real Italian Pizza Co. An adorable secluded restaurant in central Bath, with amazing pizzas (handmade of course), a range of flavours and a hidden area of outdoor seating. My family's favourite. *Please note: This is not my image! All of the other photos on this post are though*.

Image result for real italian pizza company bath
  • Guildhall Market. An adorable covered market with a mixture of different stalls, definitely worth visiting if you're ever in Bath!
  • Green Park Station. Another covered market, with a mixture of permanent shops such as a cafe which does the best vegan hot chocolate ever, and a pizza bar which offers pizza and a pint for £10, and temporary market stalls on weekends. I don't have a photo of it, so here's another photo from Mr's B's (a collage wall of TinTin) instead.
  • Newton St. Loe Farmshop and CafĂ©. Fresh produce from the attached farm, and huge hot chocolates and cakes that are to die for. All in a picturesque village just outside of Bath. Perfection.

















No comments:

Post a Comment