Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Branching Out



Hello lovely readers! I hope there are some of you out there. I will try and keep this post as short and sweet as I can, as I explain a little about who I am and what my aims are with this blog. I hope you like the sound of it, and feel free to comment any additional post ideas you would like me to do!

A Little About Me

I am 19 years old, and had only ever lived in Worcestershire until I started university in September. I now divide my time between going home to my family, visiting my boyfriend in Oxford and attending lectures in Bath. My hobbies include jogging, blogging, reading, baking, various forms of art and travel. I have also previously enjoyed ballet, swimming, horse riding and netball (although I was never very good). I have two younger brothers who are a big part of my life, and they will feature a lot in my blog posts along with my best friends and boyfriend. My brothers Finn (16) and Linus (12) both have youtube channels, one for music and the other for drawing. Check them out if you are interested! They're called kingfinn music and linoose drawing.

My Blogging Past

For about two years I have been a writer on a blog called The Depreciation Society (check out our posts here and our instagram here). I have enjoyed doing this very much, and will continue to write posts for both blogs (some may be double posted on each) but I would like to do something where I can post a little more regularly without stepping on the toes of my fellow writers, repeating what they have said or drowning them out by posting more than they do. Or on the other hand getting lost when they post more than I do! So I guess what I'm saying is, this new blog is an addition to rather than a replacement for Depsoc.



My Blogging Future

I am planning on doing a variety of posts on this blog, so that there is something for everyone. I am also considering starting a YouTube Channel where I will post similar types of things to what will go on here. Some ideas I have had so far include:

  • Makeup Tutorials
  • Book Reviews
  • Recipes
  • Product Reviews
  • Travel Accounts/Recommendations
  • Shopping Hauls
  • Playlists
  • Tips For Students (e.g. budgeting, studying)
Like I said, I am open to any recommendations! So please comment any requests. Thank you for joining me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment