Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Summer Makeup Look


This is a post I love doing, and one of my close friends requested this the other day (hi Ellie-Mae!) so I thought I would do a summer makeup look using my new eyeshadow palette. You can read about how to do it here, or go and watch a tutorial on my brand new youtube channel!! Link here.

I began with concealer. As I don't like a heavy all over coverage in the summer, I don't use foundation or anything like that so this is the only method I have for covering blemishes. Luckily I have quite good skin so this tends to be enough for me but by all means use foundation or whatever you're most comfortable with! I am really pale so cool ivory is the shade for me, but in Boots they will help you find the best shade for you. I blended some under my eyes and covered my spots before moving on to my eyebrows. I find eyebrows such a personal thing, but the pencil pictured on the left is the one I use if you're interested!



After I had done my concealer and brows I moved on to my eyeshadow. I began with the shade 'Nectar' and brushed it over my eyelid up to my brow. This gave a goos base for my eyeshadow and also highlights the underside of the brow. If you don't have this palette, any pale nude will do for this stage of the look.


Next I used 'Just Peachy' to define the crease of my eye, blending it upwards with a very soft eye shadow brush. Any light pink shade will do for this, if you are attempting this look with a different eyeshadow. Please ignore my eyebrow in this photo it really needs plucking haha.



Next I brushed 'Candied Peach' over the inner half of my eye. This is a very peachy colour (salmon pink maybe?) for those of you attempting to find replacements. Then I added 'Summer Yum' to the outer half, a darker but similar colour. I then blended them together in the middle of the lid.


Finally, I blended 'Delectable' into the outer crease and lower lash line. This is a deep purple colour if you are trying to find it somewhere else! Then I added the L'Oreal False Lash Superstar X Fiber mascara, using only side one on my bottom lashes and both sides on my top lashes. I decided against eyeliner though.


I then used a powder brush to lightly bronze over my cheek bones and contour areas. (No.7 match perfect if you want this one! I like it because it's not too dark). As it is a summer look I just wanted to look a little more tanned! I then added highlight, choosing to use elf shimmer in shade gold. I just brushed that over my cheekbones to add to the bronzer.

 I finished the look with a lipstick from smashbox. In case you can't see the image of it, the shade I used is called 'Be Legendary' and it's a lovely quite dark nudey pink. It's a matte lipstick but it's not liquid which I like because it dries my lips out way less! I still recommend putting lip balm on before hand though!




So here is the finished look! This is a close up of the eye makeup (left) and below is a selfie of the full look! I hope that this has been useful to at least some of you, and Ellie-Mae I hope you enjoyed it! Go have a look at the video of this on YouTube too if you want to see more of how I did it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment