Sunday, April 29, 2018

The budget eyeshadow which actually works!


You may have recently read my review of the Too Faced Sweet Peach eyeshadow palette (available here if you want to check that out). I must say that since that post, Too Faced has made their products available on ASOS who offer free delivery over £20 and a 10% student discount so that makes it slightly more affordable. I said in that post that I struggle to find good eyeshadows for a low price, and my friend Lucy messaged me after to recommend a palette she uses that is available for only £12 from Boots. I decided to try it and I absolutely loved it so I thought I'd write about it on the blog and spread the word! As always, I must mention that this is not an ad, and I have not been paid in goods or services to write this post.
This palette is by a brand called Obsession Makeup London, and as well as this incredibly good value palette, they do a huge range of individual eyeshadow colours for £2 if you want to try them before you buy the whole palette. It comes in this pretty marbled packaging as well which I like. Lucy said she found it was a good dupe for the Urban Decay Heat palette, and I agree. This palette comes with 24 shades whereas the Urban Decay ones only have 12 which makes this even more brilliant. The top half is matte colours, and the bottom half is metallics in a range of pinks, purples, golds and nudes. I am planning on posting a makeup look using this palette on YouTube soon so stay posted!
The case has a huge mirror in, big enough to do your whole face of makeup in if you needed to which made me happy, and every single colour on this palette is something I would use. It is well pigmented, not quite as good as the more expensive urban decay and too faced palettes but considering the price difference this is completely acceptable. It also blends nicely which is good. I would definitely recommend this palette, especially if you need to watch how much you're spending. It is much better than the other dupes I have heard recommended to me (such as the Primary Amber palette which I found terribly chalky). It also lasts a really long time without the need for a setting spray! All in all a fantastic product.
I hope this post has been useful to some of you, and I have posted a close up view of the palette below so you can see the colour range better. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment