Saturday, November 2, 2019

Monthly Newsletter: November 2019


Hello everybody, thank you for visiting my blog! Those of you who have followed either this or the depsoc blog may have seen my previous 'month in five photos' blog posts. I wanted to update that idea to talk a bit more about things that I might not necessarily photograph as well, or add more photos if there's activities that warrant that. Each month I'll talk about what I got up to the previous month, so here's what I got up to in October!

Trip to Southampton.

I took a couple of days off to visit my friend Midge in Southampton. We got up to a whole load of fun stuff such as karaoke night, house dinner at an Italian restaurant, making rocky road and shopping. I always love going to see her, although I do miss having her around every day.


Halloween Party.

My friends Abbie and Georgia threw an awesome house party for Halloween. I had way too much candy cane gin and danced and chatted nonsense and it was great. I'm excited for the next one!


Uni Work.

Of course, as a student uni work is a huge part of my life especially now that I'm in third year. I've had a deadline every week this month alongside my dissertation, so it has been intense. On the bright side, the work that I've had marked has come back as firsts! I'm also really enjoying my topics, I've been learning about the culture and politics of food, serial killers and gangsters in crime and women who own property.


Dates with James.

James and I have been trying to do fun things when we're not working, but obviously on a limited budget only allows us to do certain things. We've been to spoons, junkyard golf and one time he treated me to a Wagamamas. It's good to just get out of the house for a couple of hours and spend some time together!


Baking Society.

I rejoined the Baking Society this year, and have been trying to be more involved than I was last year. I've been to bar crawls, baking sessions and a social at a dessert cafe. I've really enjoyed it, and the other girls who do it are really nice so there's always people to talk to!



Gym.

As always I've been going to the gym regularly, although I've had to tone it down since last year because of my workload and physical health. I'm still enjoying it though, especially new classes such as pilates and Zumba!





No comments:

Post a Comment