Sunday, September 23, 2018

My Bullet Journal


I have wanted to make a bullet journal for a while, and last week I finally got around to it. I thought I'd share what I did for anyone who wants to start their own (or if you're just curious!). I bought a blank scrapbook for £5 from Paperchase and went from there.

I started by decorating the cover. I wanted something simple, yet personal, so I simply painted my name on to it using acrylic colours. If you want to do this, I'd advise pencilling them on first as it can be really difficult to judge the size of the letters so being able to erase and change them is probably a good idea.


I then did my main header and my month headers. I used water based brush markers to do the writing and then decorated each one differently, with drawings or collages or watercolours or stickers and stamps. This means that every month I can do something a bit different and a bit more creative than just the same thing every time.





After the month header comes the birthday page. I draw a cake and write that month's birthdays in it! I also added some 'happy birthday' stickers from Paperchase. It helps me remember them and adds a bit of colour to the journal.




Next up is my 'deadlines' page. This is where I write important dates that I need to remember so that they don't get mixed up with the less urgent things like what I'll be having for dinner on my daily overviews.


I also have a log of books I have read so that I can motivate myself to do more reading and less Netflix binging each month.


Next comes my daily overview. I have six days to a page, and I write about activities for each day as well as what my meal plans are. Not as creative as my other pages but very useful for organising my time and planning when to fit things in, like my supermarket shopping and laundry. The dates are always the same colour as the month header.


Finally I have a section where I reflect on the month and write about what went well, or what I should work on next month. Then it's the same again for the next month!




No comments:

Post a Comment