Monday, September 10, 2018

How to Find Your Foundation Match


If you watch my YouTube channel you will know that I don't often wear foundation, and I really struggle to find ones that are good for me. However I recently found the second ever product that I will put on my face! So I thought I would share my new found tips with you. *Disclaimer - this is not an ad. No brands mentioned have asked me to talk about them in any way*.

  1. Be reasonable about your budget. There is no point in trying out loads of expensive brands if you can't afford their products anyway. However, price and quality are often linked so it may be worth stretching your budget a little if you can!
  2. Do your research. Some brands are known for not catering as well to darker/lighter skin tones so they probably aren't the best place to start.
  3. Bear in mind that your skin colour changes, so maybe don't shop for foundation when you've got a fresh post holiday tan.
  4. Take advantage of 'match making' services if the brands you are looking at offer them. No.7, MAC and Benefit are some that I know of that offer it. Sometimes you just need a little professional help to find what's right for you.
  5. Ask your friends for recommendations! They may have tested products that you are interested in so can tell you honestly about what the texture, colour and wear are like.
  6. Be patient. It may take time testing out different products but the wrong one can look awful and make you feel uncomfortable so it's definitely worth the extra time.
  7. If you can afford it, buy additional shades to mix in to your foundation when your skin tone changes (e.g. when you're on holiday!).
  8. Remember, your hand is not the same colour as your face! You wear foundation on your face, not your hands so think about that when you're swatching.
  9. If you use celebrity/blogger's opinions to make your decision be careful of the fact that they may have been paid to advertise a product (although that doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it!).
  10. If you want my advice, start with Rimmel's Match Perfection range for a large variety of shades at a reasonable price! 

No comments:

Post a Comment