Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Ways to Motivate Yourself


Recently I have been really struggling to get in the right frame of mind to do my essays, so I thought I'd share some of my tips that helped me get back on track.
  1. Set yourself little goals that seem more achievable. Don't think of it as having to write 2000 words, do 500 words at a time. Or 300. Little steps, it makes it easier to handle.
  2. Treat yourself. With snacks, tv episodes (if you can limit yourself to just one), mini trips out, shopping etc. Gives you something to work towards.
  3. Exercise. It clears your mind.
  4. Stay hydrated and well fed. It'll feed your brain and keep you focused for longer.
  5. Plan activities for the weekend/holidays so you have something to look forward to.
  6. Make a plan. It makes your work quicker and more effective. Plus, having specific time slots for each piece of work makes it easier to stick to them and actually do them.
  7. Do something creative, it'll get your brain working.
  8. Get some good sleep.
These may seem really simple, and that's because they are! Just take a moment to breathe, and you can overcome your mental block. I hope this helps!




No comments:

Post a Comment