Sunday, January 6, 2019

Maybelline New York Countdown 12 Day Beauty Calendar: Review


This year I was fortunate enough to be given two beauty advent calendars from my grandma. The first was the M&S Beauty Book, and if you haven't seen my review of that yet you can find it here. The second was the Maybelline one which I am reviewing now!
























This is not an ad, I am just giving my honest opinions on this calendar and the products in it! Although I prefer 24 or 25 day calendars, I like that this is primarily makeup based, as I don't have that much of an extensive skin care routine and therefore don't need as many products for it. I also like the packaging, I think it looks kind of cool. One thing that makes this calendar unique, is that it has full sized products which is rare and I love that about this!

Day 1: Baby Lips Hydrate. I don't really like this product. I find it feels heavy on my lips and doesn't hydrate them effectively. And this one doesn't even smell that good. It's also £3.99 so it's more expansive than a vaseline *not an ad* for example. 2/10.


Day 2: Baby Lips Cherry Me. Again, the balm portion of this product is unimpressive to me however I love the smell and the subtle red colour it gives my lips. It's also £3.99. 5/10.


Day 3: Master Strobing Liquid in Light/Iridescent. I liked this! Unlike other strobing liquids, it wasn't streaky or sticky and it was easy to only highlight small areas of your face so you don't just end up looking like a glitter ball. This costs £7.99 so it's not too expensive either. However, it is a little more subtle than other, similar products. 8/10.


Day 4: Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in shade 932 Clay Crush. This is a gorgeous colour, a great texture and an affordable price (£6.99). The only slight problem I have is that it doesn't last quite as long as some of my more expensive lip products. 9/10.


Day 5: Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in shade 975 Divine Wine. I liked this equally as much as the Clay Crush! It also costs £6.99. 9/10.


Day 6: Lash Sensational Mascara in Very Black. I was super impressed by this. I am very fussy about mascaras and yet I loved this! It wasn't clumpy, it was lengthening and thickening and it didn't smudge either. It's also £8.99 so great for the budget. 10/10.



Day 7: Master Precise Skinny in Black. This pencil was very difficult to screw up to be able to use it, but once I managed it was pigmented, precise and didn't smudge. It's also only £3.99. 8/10.


Day 8: Superstay Nail Colour in shade 06 Deep Red. I loved this so much! It's a gorgeous colour, it's long lasting and it gives a strong colour in only one or two coats. It's also only £4.49. 9/10.


Day 9: Baby Skin Fatigue Blur Primer. I liked that this is very light on the skin, but I really couldn't see a difference between using it or not. It costs £7.99. 2/10.


Day 10: Colour Tattoo Creamy Eye Shadow in shade 93 Crème de Nude. I love these eyeshadows! They're easy to apply and super long lasting. This colour matches my eyelids almost exactly so It is great for using as an eyeshadow primer. It's £5.99, so again not too expensive. 9/10.


Day 11: Superstay 3D Effect Plumping Top Coat. I like this product a lot. It made my nails look super shiny and my polish lasted a long time with it on. It's £5.99 and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new top coat. The photo doesn't do the plumping effect justice. 9/10.


Day 12: Colour Tattoo Creamy Eye Shadow in shade On & On Bronze. I love love love this colour. It is pretty, not too outgoing for everyday and has the same great properties and price as Crème de Nude. 10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment