Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Why I Decided to Transfer Unis


I have recently received the amazing news that I have a confirmed place at Oxford Brookes University next year. I loved Bath Spa but for a few reasons I decided that it just was not the right place for me, so I wanted to take some time to talk about them.

  • My boyfriend. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that he was a huge reason for making this decision. I was so unhappy being away from him, and keeping my weekends available for seeing him caused a lot of the other problems I had at uni. Being in the same city as him will make it easy to see him during the week, as well as on weekends without the same time commitment.


  • I wanted more time for my friends. I visited my friend Midge in Southampton a couple of times, but I would ideally like to see more of her and make new friends too.
  • I wanted more time to get a part time job! I'm a student! I'm poor! I need to buy things like books and food and train tickets and and and... the list goes on.
  • As well as hopefully making some more money, I'll be able to save more. I have been quite good at putting money aside this year but I would like to be able to do it more! You never know when you'll need it.

Mostly though, I realised that the only thing holding me back from changing was that I was worried about what everyone would think. Who has time for that? My happiness is more important than people's opinions. I'm so so so excited for this next chapter in my life and can't wait to start!









No comments:

Post a Comment