Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I Tried Crayola Beauty


Some of you may already know, but Crayola (yes, the same company that makes wax crayons!) have recently released a beauty range exclusively on ASOS. I was skeptical but also very curious of this range, so I had to try it. They have 6 types of products (if I remember correctly), lip and cheek crayons, face crayons, highlighter crayons, eyeshadow palettes, a face palette and a brush set. I chose one of their 'face crayons' in the shade periwinkle because I thought it was a beautiful colour and I would be able to use it as an eyeshadow or an eyeliner. The range of colours for both these and the lip and cheek crayons was fantastic, I was so impressed. I have always loved brightly coloured make up (in particular eyeliner) so I decided if this trial went well I would try more products.


I liked the packaging of the face crayon, it's a fun novelty but still looks reasonably sophisticated. It was also incredibly easy to get a straight line with it, no wobbles or gaps which it's skipped over (why does that happen?). It's a colour I've never seen before in an eyeliner which I also loved. It's difficult to get a fine line, but I think the idea of this product is to get a bolder makeup look anyway so that wasn't a major issue for me. Also, this colour is a little pale so I liked having that extra width so it was a bit more visible. I have blue eyes so it complimented them nicely which was also lovely.
I only had two small problems with the face crayon. The first of these was the price. Each crayon is £9 (or you can get a multi pack of three for £18). To me, that is too much for what it is as I have had similar products for under £5 before from companies such as Miss Sporty. The 10% student discount did make this better, but still pricy. I also found that after wearing it for an hour it had smudged onto the top of my eyelids which was disappointing but it didn't happen again after I corrected this which was good. I will definitely purchase more colours of this in the future, and maybe try some of Crayola's other products too. Overall rating, 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment